Monday, March 27, 2017

Please…Don’t be Stupid. Brain


“I don’t not understand what I do; for what I want to do I do not do; but what I hate, I do”                -Paul Romans 7:15

Let’s assume for a moment that you have ignored all of the information I’ve given you (which would be really stupid).

Chances are that you were one of two things; “offended” by what I said (please don’t be stupid), or you think "your body" doesn’t work like that.

Ok stop!

That’s the problem!

The problem is not your body…it’s your head!

That’s right…your head!

Think of the body as a computer screen. It just projects the script coming from your programing. So if the programming is flawed, the images on the screen will be flawed too.

How stupid would I have to be to think changing the screen would help? Ok…so suppose I’m stupid. I go ahead and try another screen…same thing.

It’s not the screen, it’s the processer.

In the world of human cognition, the brain is the processor. If you change the programming, the body will follow. It’s a FACT. (I’m kinda big on facts)

The brain is one of the largest and most complex super computers known to man.  It’s made up of more than 100 billion nerves that communicate in trillions of connections called synapses.
(Let’s keep this simple)

The brain is made up of many specialized areas that work together:

-The Brain Stem is between the spinal cord and the rest of the brain (Base of the brain). Basic functions like breathing and sleep are controlled here. (The autonomic system)

-The Limbic System is the mid-brain area. The limbic system supports a variety of functions including emotion, behavior, motivation, long-term memory, and olfaction. Emotional life is largely housed in the limbic system, and it has a great deal to do with the formation of memories. The brains pleasure system (Nucleus Accumbens) is also housed here. Whenever we use the linguistics, “fun” “excitement” “good” “happy” “orgasmic”; dopamine is flooding the NA. This is an important note. Anything that affects the brain in an immediate positive way, guarantees our return…Regardless of potential consequences.

-The Neocortex is the outermost layer of brain. The neocortex is the executive director of our brain that does its best to discern the desires of the limbic system. (Logic and Reason)

I started this topic with a quote from Paul. The quote is about the human struggle…the fight…the self-judgment…the condemnation.

Before I send the next part, please read over and over and familiarize yourself with the three main brain structures: (I'll explain the Id, Ego, and Superego on the next post)

-Brain Stem (ID)

-Limbic System (Ego)

-Neocortex (Superego)

The first step…knowing your computer; the second step… is understanding the programs you’ve created.  You cannot change what you do not acknowledge.

Personal awareness precedes personal transformation


No comments: