Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Superhuman Habits

(Book by Tynan)               

                      
                                 "At first you create your habits, and then your habits create you”

 
1 What is a Habit?

A habit is a routine of behavior that is repeated regularly and tends to occur unconsciously.
In the American Journal of Psychology it is defined in this way:

"A habit, from the standpoint of psychology, is a more or less fixed way of thinking, willing, or feeling acquired through previous repetition of a mental experience.”
Will power is finite…you only have a certain amount. So we have to use our limited amount of will power to create new habits.

Old habits are hard to break and new habits are hard to form because the behavioral patterns we repeat are imprinted in our neural pathways, but it is possible to form new habits through repetition.

2. Don’t miss a day!
Consistency…set up habits to do daily.

If you miss a day…then set up “the habit” as the most important thing to do the next day.
What if you miss two days?  DON’T MISS TWO DAYS!

Set boundaries. There are certain things you will not allow.

3. Use your mistakes.
“Perfection is not reality”

No bodies perfect.  Don’t tell yourself, “I am bad at this”….that becomes a mindset.
Say, “I AM BETTER THAN THIS!”

“Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can’t, you’re right”  ~ Henry Ford

 4. Focus on the Process.
If you want to stress yourself out when it comes to weight loss, hop on the scales every day. Measure your progress by the results you’re getting….go ahead…make the results as short term as you can. Be all about immediate results.

That is the quickest path to giving up. You’re not going to see the results as fast as you think you should be seeing them, and it’s not working, so you give up.
Focus on the Process.  Here are some things to ask yourself….

~ Am I doing what I said I was going to do to lose weight?
~ Am I preparing my food ahead of time?

~ Am I Exercising?

~ Is my “new habit” still a priority?

~ Am I staying within my boundaries?
~ Am I using my mistakes to learn new lessons?

~ Have I continued to focus on the process?
The outcome of our success will be a natural by-product of the process.

Make a commitment to the practice…the process.

5. Negative Habits
Identify my negative habits.

~ Staying up too late.
~ Wasting time. (Not planning)

~ Eating out
~ Too much time on the internet.

~ Procrastination.
Notice the triggers that moves us…replace the negative habits with positive habits.

Notice the consequences, so that we can see the value to change.


"The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love.  The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation.  To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life."
 

 
 
 

 
                                  

 

 

 

No comments: