Friday, July 15, 2011

Yeah...that's it....

As I turned around, I saw a few boys laughing after my son, Konnor, sarcastically made that comment.
There was a  young man in our sports training class was commenting that he could have lifted the weight if he would have just slid back on the bench a little further...to which my son replied...Yeah...that's it…..

Konnor’s comment reminded me of all the times I thought...Yeah...that's it….

~ I'm big boned
~ I have a slow metabolism   
~ You would be amazed at how little I eat
~ I think I have low Thyroid
~You’re just blessed
~ It’s easier for you
~ I eat a lot of salads
~ I don’t have time
~ Eating healthy is expensive
~ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
~ Fibromyalgia
~ My dad’s big...my mom’s big...I can’t change what I can’t control 
~ I'm insulin resistant...therefore I'm over weight (No...You’re over weight...therefore          your insulin resistant)
~ Well... it said low-carb.  
~ I'm addicted to sugar 
~ If my knees didn't hurt I could walk more
~ I need to run more
~ I need to spin more
~ I need to weight train more
~ I need to Zumba more
(Anything other than the obvious…we need to eat healthy)

Einstein once said… “The world we have made is a result of the level of thinking we have done thus far. This creates problems we cannot solve at the same level of thinking at which we created them”.

Self-sabotaging patterns of thoughts and behavior will forever define you as a person.  I’m sure you’ve heard…”If you continue to believe as you have always believed… you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted… you will continue to get what you have always gotten”.

If you want different results in your life or your work, all you have to do is change your mind.

How do you want your life to be?

                                                                                               


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post! I wonder if you're going to irritate some people with this one...

I want my life to be awesome! haha!!

Unknown said...

LOL Love it! This is so true.

Kelly Hitchcock said...

Melissa..."sometime the medicine is bitter but it cures the disease"

Candi...You've heard it before.