Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Awake - Radical Acceptance

Awake

Start the New Year off with Radical Acceptance.

Radical acceptance is simply acknowledging reality.  You are acknowledging what happened or what’s currently happening - because fighting reality only intensifies our emotional reaction.

We might fight reality by judging a situation. An example, we might say “It should or shouldn’t be this way,” “That’s not fair!” or “Why me?!”

Fighting reality only intensifies suffering. Gandhi once said, “Pain is inevitable in life, suffering is optional”. Suffering is a product of refuse to accept the pain in our lives, which creates an "extreme fixation of self".

The following comments are valuable reminders to help us to radically accept our current situation.

Say to yourself:

“Right here is where I’m supposed to be”

“Where I am right now is the result of a million other decisions”

“Thinking of the past just robs me of the present”

“What I do in this moment is all that I have control over”

“Every event of my life has brought me to now”

“The present moment is perfect even if I don’t like it”

Happy New Year!

No comments: